aTyr Pharma is a biotherapeutics company engaged in the discovery and development of innovative medicines based on novel immunological pathways. aTyr’s research and development efforts are concentrated on a newly discovered area of biology, the extracellular functionality and signaling pathways of tRNA synthetases. aTyr has built a global intellectual property estate directed to a potential pipeline of protein compositions derived from 20 tRNA synthetase genes and their extracellular targets. aTyr’s primary focus is ATYR1923, a clinical-stage product candidate which binds to the neuropilin-2 receptor and is designed to down-regulate immune engagement in interstitial lung diseases. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life for the better.
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, this role will direct and lead preclinical work as well as recruiting, mentoring and developing the aTyr research team. This role will bring key scientific knowledge, expertise and leadership to aTyr in the area of oncology drug development
- Develop and execute on our lead program as program leader
- Preclinical oncology development leading to IND candidate
- Lead research teams in breakthrough, world-class science
- Lead support program into and through the clinic
- Establish critical path, timelines and budget up to IND filings
- Advance the other key programs
- Identify compelling niche therapeutic application(s) for our science
- Demonstrate therapeutic utility
- Identify product candidates
- Establish critical path timeline and budget for IND candidate filing
- Drive pipeline strategy, new product discovery and validation
- Align R & D activities to optimize IP impact
- Breadth, commercial potential, partnering attractiveness cost-efficient
- Develop compelling data sets and materials to support business development activities aimed at targeting Physiocrines and their signaling pathways
- Including publication of high impact publications
- Recruit and develop high performance research team
- West coast preferred (San Diego/Southern California/Bay Area)
- Strong background in discovering and developing protein therapeutics- experience with non-antibody proteins a big plus
- Track record of leading research efforts from early discovery to clinical development (IND)
- Strong team leadership
- Broad knowledge of immunology and development of immune modulators
- Top tier scientific thinking and drug discovery experience as demonstrated through publications and patents
- Ph.D. and 15+ years experience in drug development
Key behaviors for success
- Entrepreneurial thinking and actions that portray individual’s drivers of priority and strategy while understanding and acting within the resource and time constraints demanded.
- Compelling judgment calls on imperfect or incomplete information. At any stage there is more to know or understand. Critical judgments will enable greater benefit to patients and all stakeholders.
- Strong communication and people skills for enabling high individual and high team performance.
- Remarkable teaming skills to bring cross functionality with the executive leadership team. Bring value, insight and key input to the executive leadership team. Interest in learning from team and sharing experiences.
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at https://www.atyrpharma.com. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job 154SS to email@example.com. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.