SCIENTIST/SENIOR SCIENTIST, TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCES
aTyr Pharma is a biotherapeutics company engaged in the discovery and development of innovative medicines based on novel immunological pathways. aTyr’s research and development efforts are concentrated on a newly discovered area of biology, the extracellular functionality and signaling pathways of tRNA synthetases. aTyr has built a global intellectual property estate directed to a potential pipeline of protein compositions derived from 20 tRNA synthetase genes and their extracellular targets. aTyr’s primary focus is ATYR1923, a clinical-stage product candidate which binds to the neuropilin-2 receptor and is designed to down-regulate immune engagement in interstitial lung diseases. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit .
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life forever. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to move novel therapies forward into clinical studies and will play a key role in translating our research data to the clinical setting and help with indication selection.
We seek a translational scientist with strong experience in preclinical models of oncology (syngeneic, xenograft, PDX) and/or lymphangiogenesis. Additional expertise in nonclinical research in the area of toxicology and/or PK/PD analysis of protein therapeutics is preferred. In this role, you will use your expertise to develop and refine preclinical models working closely with a team of 2 – 3 research associates. A key focus of the role will be to lead the establishment of new in vivo models, supervise the successful completion of ongoing studies, critically review emerging data and construct hypotheses based on these data. The successful candidate will also engage and communicate effectively within an interdisciplinary scientific and management team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- History of success as evidenced by a publication record in top tier journals or poster presentations at international conferences is required.
- Proven track record in translational research that demonstrates a strategic and thoughtful approach to indication selection or development of pre-/clinical biomarkers
- Experience with pharmacokinetic modeling of biologics and appropriate software tools (e.g., Phoenix WinNonlin, etc.) is a plus
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, and a track record of publications in
high quality journals
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional, fast-paced team environment.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible with the ability to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision and a high level of initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ph.D. in biology, pharmacology, or related discipline
- 0 – 5 years of relevant industry experience, including research and development of biologic therapeutics
- Further Recruiting Information
- For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at . aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.
- In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job (#i155CB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.