aTyr Pharma is a biotherapeutics company engaged in the discovery and development of innovative medicines based on novel immunological pathways. aTyr’s research and development efforts are concentrated on a newly discovered area of biology, the extracellular functionality and signaling pathways of tRNA synthetases. aTyr has built a global intellectual property estate directed to a potential pipeline of protein compositions derived from 20 tRNA synthetase genes and their extracellular targets. aTyr’s primary focus is ATYR1923, a clinical-stage product candidate which binds to the neuropilin-2 receptor and is designed to down-regulate immune engagement in interstitial lung diseases. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life for the better.
We are seeking a research associate with experience in cell biology and assay development to join our In Vitro Biology team working on development of novel therapeutics for serious diseases.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in cell culture, as well as a wide variety of cell based assays, and be comfortable isolating and working with primary human cells. Experience with ELISA based techniques is helpful, as is the ability to accurately document and report your findings from a range of experimental studies. Experience in biochemical techniques and binding studies would be an additional advantage. This candidate will work with experienced cell biologists at aTyr to discover and develop novel immunomodulatory molecules, and make an important contribution to our research team.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in biology or a related subject with at least 3+ years of research experience in a hands-on role
- Highly skilled in cell culture & experienced in a wide variety of cell-based assays
- Familiar with immunological techniques including ELISA
- Familiar with biochemical techniques and flow cytometry assays
- Experience or willingness to work with human serum/plasma
- The ability and enthusiasm to learn new techniques and apply them carefully to solve biological problems
- Capable of designing experiments, generating data and interpreting results in collaboration with a highly motivated team
- An excellent communicator, well-organized and able to work effectively in a team environment to assist the success of the team.
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job 156RA to email@example.com.
aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.