We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life forever. Our Project Manager will work with our research, manufacturing and clinical teams to manage key research and development programs. In this part-time role, the successful candidate will develop and maintain overall project plans for research activities including budgets, strategy implementation, timelines, resource analysis and project plans. Key work will cover a wide range of activities including developing strategies to support basic research to IND filing, new indication analysis, external collaboration management, and clinical and CMC support for BLA submissions. This role could be a consultant or a contractor and will be dedicated approximately 20 – 25 hours per week.
This role will:
- Perform the role of project manager for all R & D projects
- Standardize project management practices
- Coach and mentor project leaders on best practices in project management as it relates to key aspects of the drug discovery and development process.
- Assist members of the team to manage an array of external collaborations in support of the goals and objectives of the relevant project teams.
- Manage and track program progress.
- Coordinate and encourage communication across company and engage stakeholders with a ‘solution-oriented’ focus.
- Identify and implement tools, processes, standards, best-practices, dash boards.
- Maintain project documentation files to include data files, presentations, meeting minutes, action items, schedules, contracts, budgets.
- Provide support during the preparation, implementation and follow up for board meetings, regulatory meetings and team meetings including preparing presentations and minutes and archiving related follow-up.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and tools including MS Project.
- Understanding of disciplined drug discovery, product development and program management processes.
- Demonstrated time management, decision-making, presentation and organization skills required. Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and analyze work flows for efficiency.
- BS/MS Degree with at least 5+ years of industry experience in project management in the pharmaceutical/biotech arena.
- Strong technical background and knowledge of biologics development, preferably focused around monoclonal antibodies and Fc fusion proteins, or related therapeutic modalities.
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.