We are seeking to add an enthusiastic and highly motivated research associate to our team focused on the design and development of novel medicines based on our research into new biological pathways. In this position, you will play an important role in the drug discovery process through your ability to work with in vitro cell based assays, and especially flow cytometry. You will design, execute and analyze complex experiments, including multi-color flow cytometry from both in vivo and in vitro studies. Key areas of focus for this position will be in analysis of pathways in immunology including immunophenotyping and characterization of activated immune subsets from human and mouse samples. You will learn to design, execute, summarize and present the results of your experiments to the research team.
The role requires the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional, intensely fast- paced team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible with the ability to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines. Extensive experience working with cells in culture as well as flow cytometry experience using human primary cells or ex vivo mouse samples is required. The candidate should also have experience purifying cellular populations from human and mouse blood and/or tissue using magnetic separation techniques. A solid understanding of flow compensation and data analysis is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience with culture of mammalian cells, and the ability to perform cell-based assays
- Extensive experience in designing & conducting multi-color flow cytometry experiments
- Experience with immunophenotyping adaptive and innate immune cell populations in human and/or mouse
- Background in maintenance and upkeep of a flow cytometer
- Experience analyzing flow cytometry data using FlowJo platform preferred
- Experience quantitating protein analytes using ELISA and/or multiplex immunoassay platforms preferred
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision and a high level of initiative
- Must be attentive to details
- Must be skilled in FlowJo, Windows, Microsoft Office and GraphPad Prism
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Immunology/Biology or a related discipline with minimum of 2+ years of experience.
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.