We are seeking to add an enthusiastic and highly motivated research associate to our team focused on the design and development of novel medicines based on our research into new biological pathways. In this position, you will play an important role in the drug discovery process through your ability to work with a variety of cell based assays. You will learn to apply cell-based and in vivo assays, using signaling-based read-outs, microscopy, and flow cytometry to support our novel research and pre-clinical development of therapeutic candidates. Cell- based assay development and optimization will be an area of special focus in this position, including cell signaling-based experiments in cultured primary cells to support mechanism-of- action and biomarker studies. You will learn to design, execute, summarize and present the results of your experiments to the research team.
The role requires the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional, intensely fast- paced team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible with the ability to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines. Extensive experience working with cells in culture as well as flow cytometry experience using is required, as well as a solid understanding of the assay development process. Sufficiently deep understanding and hands-on experience with data analysis and corresponding software to support assays of this type (Excel, GraphPad Prism) is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience using aseptic technique to culture human primary and/or cell lines
- Experience quantitating protein analytes using ELISA, multiplex immunoassay platforms, and/or Western Blot
- Experience with RNA isolation and quantifying gene expression by qPCR
- Flow cytometry experience preferred
- Experience in immunocytochemistry techniques preferred
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Should work with minimal supervision and a high level of initiative
- Must be attentive to details
- Must be skilled in Windows and Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and GraphPad Prism
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Immunology/Biology or a related discipline with minimum of 2+ years of experience.
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.