105KO Senior Scientist, Pharmacokinetics and Translational Biology
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to move novel therapies forward into clinical studies and will play a key role in translating our research data to the clinical setting. We seek a senior-level scientist with strong experience in pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD) and modeling of diverse pre-clinical datasets for prediction of clinical parameters. In this role, you will use your experience to develop and refine PK/PD models based on data from multiple species and in vitro assays. A key focus of the role will be to propose, interrogate experimentally and qualify potential PD and disease-associated biomarkers to support our clinical programs. The successful candidate will also engage and communicate effectively within an interdisciplinary scientific and management team.
The role requires the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional, intensely fast-paced team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible with the ability to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines. Extensive experience developing PK/PD models for protein therapeutics and a history of success as evidenced by a publication record in top tier journals is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ph.D. in biology, pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience, including research and development of biologic therapeutics.
- Proven track record in translational research that demonstrates development of pre-clinical/clinical biomarkers and/or delivery of companion diagnostics to the clinic
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, and a track record of publications in
high quality journals
- Strong organizational and project skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision and a high level of initiative.
- Experience with pharmacokinetic modeling of biologics and additionally experience with appropriate software tools (e.g., Phoenix WinNonlin, MATLAB/Symbiology etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.