We are currently seeking a Senior Research Associate to join the Biologics Development and Manufacturing team. The successful candidate will perform protein production and process development activities to generate high quality proteins for research use, and support manufacturing process development for clinical candidates. Laboratory responsibilities include both upstream production, primarily with mammalian cell culture processes, and downstream protein purification.
Experience and Education Requirements
The role requires the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional, intensely fast-paced team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible with the ability to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines. Experience in an industrial lab focused on protein therapeutics discovery/development is also desired. Experience with scientific software (Excel, GraphPad Prism) is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS with 5+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience or equivalent
- Experience in development and execution of mammalian cell culture processes. Experience with microbial fermentation processes is a plus.
- Experience in development and execution of protein purification processes utilizing chromatography and filtration based technologies
- Experience in harvest, clarification, and recovery processes
- Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements related to biologics manufacturing
- Extremely detail-oriented and diligent in experimental design, data analysis and review
- Organized and able to execute multiple activities in parallel
- High level of motivation and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well in a dynamic, high energy, fast-paced team and collaborate with cross-functional groups
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.